Placed under the direct supervision of the Bursar, the Communication and Marketing Manager is responsible for contributing to the delivery of the ERV Strategic Plan.
Our Communication & Marketing Manager is a change agent at the centre of Education.
The Communication & Marketing Manager role is operational and hands on:
- The communication & Marketing Manager will drive the overall Marketing & Communication Strategy for ERV and in its formulations.
- He or She will on the basis of the agreed strategy, devise and be responsible for the delivery of the annual marketing and communication plan. This will include plans for the marketing and communication budget, demonstrating value for money and return on investment.
- Ensure that the communication & marketing manager has a clear role, responsibility and goal.
- Manage staff performance and implement staff development needs
- Oversee the management of the communication and marketing budget to ensure appropriate and effective spend and report on its effectiveness
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with our partnership, customers to ensure our activities exploit opportunities and are complementary
- Update the communication and marketing plan on an annual basis, ensuring appropriate liaison with Admissions, Faculty Leaders, the Bursar and the Head of School
- Help shape key high school events, which exemplify and communicate brand values (e.g. Open days, Founder’s day, Prospective parents evening, Parents coffee time etc…)
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as and when determined and agreed with the Head of School
- ERV is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS/Police check
- The Communication and Marketing Manager should implement the external and internal marketing & communication strategy to ensure that the high school communicates in a consistent, accurate, feeder schools, partnership schools and the wider community in ERV and beyond.
- Update the marketing & communication plan on an annual basis, including activities for: the use of social media and the opportunities presented by mobile technologies; admissions; activities; advertising; production of prospectuses, departmental marketing (e.g. Drama, dance, art, sport and music); support for website, intranet, print management, copy-checking management; management of the filming of an agreed portfolio of the high school activities
- Keep a watching brief on and make recommendations with regards brand development
- Following strategy guidelines, create clear brand messages and which are promulgated across all marketing campaigns
- Draft high quality communication ensuring appropriate content, tone, brevity and consistency
- Together with college colleagues, act as a public face for the ERV school in communicating with parents (both existing and prospective), the local community, media and other interested parties.
The list of functions and responsibilities above is not exhaustive, and responsibilities may evolve according to developing needs of the school.
Assume additional duties and responsibilities as and when determined and agreed with the Head of School
All members of ERV are expected to be culturally sensitive and professional both in the school and the wider community of Gabon.
- Appropriate degree, preferably with aspects of marketing, communication or business elements
- Excellent understanding of education
- Minimum 4 years experience of marketing and communication
- Clear understanding of strategies required to market ERV
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ICT Literate with a deep understanding of all forms of communication and social media Professional and genuine care for the wellbeing of children
Ability to work as part of a team and contribute towards reaching common goals Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and motivate others to do so
- Bilingual, French/English
- Previous experience of marketing in an international setting
- Flexible and adaptable
- Internationally minded and willing to contribute to the wider life of the school curriculum Positive, patient and with a sense of humour