We are committed to building the leaders of tomorrow therefore create the opportunities for our students to take positions of responsibility at different stages and for different aspects of their school life, thereby developing in them, multiple types of leadership approaches and skills. By so doing these citizens of tomorrow’s world shape the culture and policies of the school and become pivotal to it’s proper functioning.
Leadership at ERV takes on 3 forms:
- Servant Leadership: Student Representative Council (SRC)
The Student Council is a student body whose goal is to help promote and preserve a healthy school spirit and encourage leadership among students. Members will be expected to initiate and participate in activities, which will serve to enhance the quality of student life. Students must be highly reliable and willing to work hard.
The purpose of student council is:
- To practice Servant Leadership and always put the needs of others before their own.
- To foster and promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
- To improve student/staff relationships.
- To provide a forum for student expression.
- To plan special events or projects.
Objectives of the Student council are to:
- Provide a democratic forum in which students can address those school related issues, which affect their lives and represent their peers.
- Members will be called to serve other students by engaging and initiating activities such as:School service eg: Clean up, school fundraisers.
- Community service eg: National fundraisers, recycling projects
- Student opinion polls, student council newsletter articles, etc.
3. Maintain open and courteous communication between students and school staff.
- Courageous Leadership: House Captains
- Leadership by Example: School Prefects