The International School of Gabon, Ecole Ruban Vert, is arguably the jewel of Africa in terms of school infrastructure and vision.
We would be happy for you to join us in this adventure. As the music coordinator, you will be entrusted with a state of the art Auditorium and musical rooms and equipment. I am sure you will find your experience here most rewarding.
The role is also as a key collaborative partner to the Deputy Head and Faculty Lead Arts is responsible for contributing to delivery of the ERV innovation plan for 2018 –2019.
Placed under the direct supervision of the Faculty Leader Arts, the Music Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the delivery of the ERV Strategic Plan.
- To contribute to the education climate of the international school to system-wide achievement and quality and to include the wider community in success.
- To support the case for change in local, regional and worldwide education.
- To bring accountability to primary & secondary learners and locations.
- To create space for local / disruptive curriculum design.
- To develop a new agenda for primary & secondary assessment aligned to radical thinking for deeper learning, adaptive learning and authenticity.
These responsibilities will be carried out in consultation with the Head of School, The Deputy Head, Faculty Leaders and Teachers.
- Organizing the daily activities of the school.
- Organizing special events – Open Houses, Parent-Teacher conferences, social events, etc. (in cooperation with the Administrative assistants, Grade Level Coordinators and teachers)
- Ensuring the safety of the staff, students and visitors, provision of resources, matching students with classes, rooms and teaching resources.
- Ensuring that all classrooms are fully equipped.
- Ensuring that the buildings are well decorated.The list of functions and responsibilities above is not exhaustive, and responsibilities may evolve according to developing needs of the school.
- Have a Masters in Music or an equivalent degree.
- Have 5 years of experience as an IBDP Music Teacher
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate collaborative, innovative leadership
- Understand the issues that international schools face
- Be a visionary, motivating, listener and supportive leader to his/her staff Always put students and learning at the centre of all decisions
Key Areas of Teaching
All members of ERV are expected to be culturally sensitive and professional both in the school and the wider community of Gabon.